We always find the cats don’t drink water directly by the tongue. They like to dip claw in the water, then lick and drink the water on claw. Is that a good habit? How to help them drink? Let’s read.
Cat’s regular drinking habits
- The sinful little paw reaches out to the water bowl.
- Sometimes even the claws are extended to the human cup…
Studies describe that the cat’s paw should keep dry. If too wet at too many times will cause the breed of bacteria and inflammation disease on the paw.
Why they use claw? Study fount that is to protect their Beards. They don’t want their beards to always touch the water bowl, which can make them feel annoyed or even collapse.
Cat’s beard is a sensitive and important organ.
The cat’s beard is not just a facial decoration, it is also a super sensitive organ.
At the end of the cat’s beard, there is a type of sensing device called the proprioceptor.
It can collect information about surround texture, strength, and distance according to the touching object and even the vibrate air, then convert the stimulation signal into nerve impulse to convey to the nerve center.
Vibrate Air? The cat’s beard is very powerful. They also use the beard to feel the small changes in the air to help hunt,
Determine the position of the furniture in the dark, and measure whether the space distance can accommodate the cat drilling and out.
So, if your water bowl is too narrow, the beard will touch the inner walls on both sides of the water bowl every time the cat drinks water. This can lead to whisker fatigue.
What is the solution? Drink more water, not wet the claw.
In order to help cat drink more water and not wet its claw. We need to prepare a bowl enough large, or a cat electric drink fountain. We mainly suggest the drinking fountain.
Why do we suggest the cat electric water fountain?
- Firstly, the cats prepare to drink the flowing waters. The cat fountain can supply continual flowing water, the power consumption is low.
- Secondly, the fountain can avoid the cat beard touch the internal wall of the water container. The cats don’t need to use the paw dip and drink. This keeps the cat’s paw dry and avoids the breed of bacteria and inflammation disease on the paw.
- Thirdly, the high-quality water fountain has the circulating filtration system uses a replaceable charcoal filter to purify the water, remove hair, dirt and food particles. It provides fresh clean water to your lovely pets.
- The low-power LED director, help attract the cat drink water and decorate the room.
Summary: Why do cats like to use their claws to drink water? It wants to protect its beard. Wet paw is not good. Most of them are not satisfied with the water container? Let’s prepare a cat water fountain for the cat.